Quick Potato and Chickpea Curry
Yield 4 serves
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tin light coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Place potato in a small bowl, cover, and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add spices and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir through tomato paste, then add chickpeas, potato, stock, coconut milk and peas. Simmer for 4-5 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over steamed brown or basmati rice, topped with fresh coriander leaves.
Recipe by Shift Nutrition at https://shiftnutrition.com.au/recipe/quick-potato-and-chickpea-curry/